Greetings!

Welcome to FARCulinary! It is a food blog managed for food enthusiasts like you who are looking for Fun, Affordable, and Relatable culinary adventures! You don't have to be super fancy to experience tasty food! Enjoy :)

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Holycow Steakhouse: Camp Bonjer and Camp Senopati

Meat, meat, and meat. Once again, this shallow tummy went in search for the best affordable meat in town. And there it was! With a slogan "This is where wag(Yu) belong", Holycow offers a comfortable eating space where the customers would feel like they're home already. Like they belong here. The price range itself is completely affordable compared to other brand in its genre.

Though to be honest, I was kinda disappointed with their camp in Kebon Jeruk. The camp Kebon Jeruk is much wider, with more humanely tables compared to the ones they have in Senopati. With a lot more comfortable parking lots as well. The food on the other hand, was a little bit of a let-down. My friend ordered her meat well done, and it arrived, well, well done on the edges, but super raw on the core of the meat. My order was fine, but the meat was a little bit too hard to chew. I like the food in camp Senopati better.

Anyhows, what I like about Holycow is that it offers various choice of sauce, and you can have them as much as you want. They have mushroom, barbeque, black pepper, Buddy's special, and the recently created sauce, W sauce. I found the latter one interesting. For some people it might not suit their taste (as to what my sister said, it was too salty), but for me it works just fine. It's green and you can taste some herbal spices in it. I'm not really sure what they were, but this smart-ass tongue thinks it tasted mint and thyme in it. Ha. But hands down, it still cannot beat two of my favourite sauces, mushroom and Buddy's special. We're talkin' about garlics and creamy mushroom here, baby. The other thing that I like about it is that it offers free refills for tea. That includes lemon tea, green tea, and blackcurrant tea. Generosity never kills, baby (Okay, pardon me, just how much exactly am I going to say 'baby' again? It's just all this talk about meat and steak makes me feel like a hot baby!).

In general, Holycow offers you a whole new level of steak experience. Meat lovers, you are welcomed to drool yourselves all the way down here.




 Prime Rib Eye (with Buddy's Special sauce)
Camp Bonjer
IDR 82500

Prime Tenderloin (with Mushroom and BBQ sauce)
Camp Bonjer
IDR 87000

Wagyu Rib Eye (with W and Mushroom sauce)
Camp Senopati
IDR 127500

Sirloin Young Beef (with Buddy's Special and Mushroom sauce)
Camp Senopati
IDR 87000

Personally, I prefer beef than wagyu. It's hard to explain but you'll understand when you eat it. They're not really different, and even at some point, you'll find the wagyu meat harder to chew. My personal recommendation for you would be Sirloin Young Beef and Wagyu Rib Eye. Also make sure to try ALL the sauces. Why? Because they're free! Why else would it be? :D

Sincerely yours, shallow tummy. Godspeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment